Search
  • Paul Villanueva

Chiropractic Tips for Headaches



We all suffer from headaches from time to time. Some can be prevented, while others come due to stress or underlying health conditions. However, headaches due to muscle tension around the neck can be helped by visiting a Chiropractor. So we decided to help you by offering these chiropractic tips for headaches.


Determining the Cause of the Headache


The first thing you want to do is determining why you’re experiencing a headache. According to the American Chiropractic Association (ACA) headaches have many causes or “triggers”. However, 5% of headaches are warning signs of physical problems. The remaining 95% of headaches are due to tensions, migraine, and cluster headaches. While determining the cause of the headaches is important, some are not as serious as others.


What we first recommend is find out if you're dehydrated, if it’s due to dehydration a cup of water might help. Also, how much sleep did you get? A goodnight’s rest can be helpful when relieving tension. Other factors include your diet, and the way you sleep. Tension in your neck can cause headaches so switching up your pillow or sleeping position can help greatly.


Chiropractic Care For Headaches


Once you’ve determined your headache is not caused by dehydration or other triggers it’s time to visit a chiropractor. Scheduling regular visits to the chiropractor is a safe, non-invasive way of treating headaches. It can help increase joint-mobility and improve your spinal health which can lead to better ways your body handles stress. Also, it can help your body manage the pain caused by headaches and migraines.


If your headache is a result from a head injury or other symptoms start to develop it’s important to seek prompt attention. This can cause major problems in the future and a proper diagnosis is important. However, chiropractic care for headaches is important but you might not notice immediate results. If you decide to go through chiropractic treatment for your headaches then it’s important to continue getting treated; continue with your appointments even after your headache goes away.


Schedule An Chiropractic Appointment


If you’re interested in scheduling an appointment for your headache you can call (310) 259-7748 or contact us on our website. One simple to Specific Alignment Chiropractic can lead you to the road of headache relief. These chiropractic tips for headaches are not meant to be a diagnosis or treatment. These are professional tips that we recommend; however, for better information schedule a consultation today.

4 views

15901 Hawthorne Blvd, Lawndale, CA 90260 | (310) 259-7748 | Monday-Friday 9am-6pm

©2018 by Specific Alignment Chiropractic.